Hi, my name is Rena and I have a craft addiction...
- I have been an avid scrapbooker for 26 years.
- About four years ago I started digital scrapbooking.
- I began coloring with Copics three years ago and have received Copic Standard and Intermediate Teaching Certification.
- I have also been studying and creating mixed media art, some of which you can see one the walls at Rockin' R.
- And if all that is not enough, I've been knitting for four years!
- Two years ago, I began beading and jewelry making.
- Last year, I began weaving!
- I just learned the basics of leather crafting...oh my, it never ends!
I've been hosting retreats for 25 years. We started off with nine people at our first retreat and now average 30!
Until June of 2008, I had rented out other venues to host my retreats. At each one, I'd think, "If this was my place I'd...."
Just as it was becoming more difficult to find appropriate venues, my attendance was growing and the demand for more retreats was increasing.
Late July 2007, my parents and I were lazing around on a Sunday morning, talking about my retreats. The more we talked, the more excited we became about opening our own retreat center for me to host my retreats and to rent out to other hostesses who were searching for the ultimate craft space.
After several months of looking...My husband, Don, found the building at 5650 Bottoms Road and we started work on Rockin' R Retreat & Event Center. It was six weeks from closing on the property to our Open House June 27th...those six weeks were spent in a frenzy of renovations and set up.
In June 2017 we celebrate our 8th anniversary! It has been joy to be in business with my husband and my parents, Skip & Jill.
Since 2008, we've opened our doors to scrapbookers, quilters, knitters, traditional artists, beaders, floral designers, card makers, coloring artists, mixed media artists, interior designers, and gals who just wanna visit with friends, read good books and play cards.
We do know that there is always room for improvement and we are continually working to make Rockin' R your ultimate crop space in Central Texas! Those who have been retreating with us since the beginning can attest to our continued commitment in providing our guests with a safe, comfortable and fun place to craft. To that end, we welcome emails with suggestions on how we may serve you better.
We can't wait to meet you or see you again...